Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, February 25, 2013

A Teacher Takes a Hand - Mixed Media Piece

Hello, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Emily here today with a mixed media canvas I made using Creative Inspirations Paint.  

My daughter, Serenity, asked me about a month ago to create a canvas for her teacher. I had made one last year for her Kindergarten teacher, and she wanted one this year for her first grade teacher. Of course I said I would make one, and knew that these paints would be perfect on it! 

I first took a canvas and used my modeling paste mixed with some acrylic paint to make the chevron pattern using a stencil. After the paste had dried, I used some CI Paint in Aqua Marine between the pattern and along the sides of the canvas. I stamped the butterflies on some tissue paper and used decoupage to adhere them to the canvas in the two corners. I colored them in with Buttercup paint, and colored the hearts in with Rustic Red. 


See my apple? It is another of my tin foil, book covered creations. I painted it with more Rustic Red and added some stamping and acrylic paint for more texture. I painted a chipboard heart with Garnet paint and covered it with Deliquesce embossing powder in Clear. After it had dried, acrylic paint was added along the edges and it was traced with a sketch marker. Before I added the apple, I used some white acrylic paint on the edges of the canvas to sort of frame it. The white was also added to the apple as well to help tie it in with the piece as a whole. 

Check out the close ups of the piece below...


And as always, here is a collage of the Creative Inspirations Paint products used in today's mixed media project. 


I hope you have a wonderful and creative week. Have fun and get messy!! 






6 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty & creative!!
Love it!!
I just got my chervron stecnils 2 weeks ao and plan on making a canvas soon too!
Thanks for the inspiration!!

Migdalia said...

FABULOUS!!!

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful job Em, love that apple! hugs, Kimberly

DIANA L. said...

Beautifully done Emily

simply monica said...

Awesome now you have me wanting to do more canvas pieces! Gorgeous

Cheryl Walker said...

Beautiful job Emily!!! LOVE all the colors here :)
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Cheryl