Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Evergreen Christmas


Good morning, everyone! It's Holly posting today, and for this card, I am using this gorgeous Holly Plate stamp set from Chapel Road. I stamped the holly sprig off onto some scrap paper first and then onto my vanilla cardstock, and then I stamped the sentiment over that. I wanted the holly sprig to fade out enough so that you could read the sentiment.

For the background, I pulled out my shimmery Evergreen paint from Creative Inspirations Paint and used a sponge to smoosh it all over the cardstock. Once the paint was dry, I randomly stamped the smaller leaves all over the background. Yes! You can stamp over the CI Paints!

You can see the gorgeous shimmer here:


I embellished this card with some burgundy wrinkled ribbon and a single ivory colored flower. Now I'm in the mood for Christmas carols and hot chocolate and some good old fashioned holiday movies! :-)


Stamps: Holly Plate (Chapel Road)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Artichoke
CS: Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
CI Paint: Evergreen
Other: sponge, May Arts ribbon, Wild Orchid Flower (I Brake for Stamps)

5 comments:

Creative Inspirations said...

Great way to use the paints Holly. This is a nice elegant Christmas card.

Kassi said...

beautiful! and smart! I always seem to wait last minute for holiday cards.... you have inspired me to start early! lol!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty Holly. Very elegant.

BarbaraW said...

Beautiful job Holly.

Kianel said...

Wow, such an elegant card!
Love from France, Kianel.