Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Ornaments


'Tis the Christmas season, and time to decorate.  My daughter and grandson decorated our tree last night. I decided that I wanted to add some new ornaments this year. I had made the little houses as a Club Stamp project. As they are made from cardstock, they needed that little holiday something. Of course, I immediately thought of my Creative Inspirations paints to give that wonderful shimmer to the paper. The porcelain ornaments were inspired by my friend Lisa. I had seen a similar type of ornament that she had made and loved the look of it. I found these ornaments at Michaels and knew that I wanted to try and use my paints on them. I stamped each of them with a stamp from Heartfelt Creations with black Staz-on ink. Then I brought out my paints and just had fun. I couldn't believe how fantastic the ornaments looked once they were painted. They just came to life. The finishing touch was to paint the sides with antique gold. Creative Inspirations paints have the Christmas spirit of sparkle built in to them. I'm off to hang my ornaments on the tree.
Barbara Washington

9 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

These ornaments are so cute and love the little star with the mailbox and cardinals!

Creative Inspirations said...

Those are great Barbara! Love the ornaments.

Kassi said...

those are fantastic! Great job!

~ Kendra ~ said...

cute ornaments!

Jenn K said...

What wonderful ornaments!! WOW, WOW, WOW!!

Karen Wilson said...

Those are great ornaments, I love Stazon!! It stamps so well, never smears! The paint looks great as well.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow! Beautifully done- the images are perfect for ornaments and the colors are awesome!

byondbzr said...

I love them!

Kianel said...

Those are soooo cute Barbara!
Love from France, Kianel.